Terms and Conditions
The person whose name appears on the Booking Form, agrees to take full responsibility for ensuring that all members of the party adhere to the conditions of let set out below.
In these conditions of let "Owner" refers to R. Leedham & H. Pugh trading as The Dale Cottages owners of the property you are booking, "Property" refers to the cottage you are booking.
- A non returnable deposit of 30% of the property rate, is paidable at the time of booking, with the remainder of the balance payable four (4) weeks before the start of the let.
- If a booking for a property is made less than four (4) weeks before your arrival date, please pay the full rental charge at the time of booking, having first checked that the property of choice is available. Failure to pay the balance of the rental charges, by the due date (28 days prior to arrival), will result in the owner treating the property as available for re booking.
Cancellation Policy & Insurance.
- Please notify the owner of any cancellation in writing. If a notice of cancellation is received between the dates of booking and when the final balance payment is due, the non returnable deposit is retained.
- If cancellation is made within four (4) weeks of the letting date (e.g the whole rent has been paid), then the whole amount will be retained, unless the property can be re- let. If a re-let is successful then a full refund will be made minus the non returnable deposit. If the property cannot be re-let then no refund will be given.
- In the case that subsequent to booking the property became unavailable through any cause, you must accept that the owners liability, is limited to the amount of any rent paid. Notification of the cacellation will be made in writing as soon as possible, and we will promptly refund all monies due.
- To safeguard against cancellation charges and unforeseen circumstances, it is strongly reccommended you take out your own comprehensive insurance policy. If you choose not to then you accept resonsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation.
General Terms & Conditions of Booking.
- The number of people occupying any one property is limited to that stated on the website, or brochure, unless prior consent has been obtained from the owner in writing.
- You will receive an email confirmation of your booking, please check this carefully and contact us immediately if any details are incorrect.
- Guests agree to absolve the owner of any responsibility for any accident or mishap to persons or property whilst on the premises or whilst engaged in any activity therein, or from illness or injury arising from any causes whatsoever.
- You agree to use the property solely as a self catering accomodation, the owner will refuse to hand over the property to anybody deemed unsuitable to take charge.
- Causing a nuisance or disturbing other neighbours and guests, unreasonable behaviour or disrupting the running of the farm could result in the owner requesting you leave the property.
- You agree to allow the owner or their agents access to the property at all reasonable times. We will only ever request access in the case of an emergency, to undertake essential maintenance or for inspection purposes.
- It is accepted that responsibility of the personal property of the guests occupying the property, is solely the guests.
- Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under 18.
- Please treat the facilities and accommodation with due care, so that other guests may continue to enjoy them.
- Up to 4 well behaved dogs are allowed in the property, but not allowed on the beds or furniture.
- No dogs are to be left in the property unattended, and if they are left in the kennel and run made available for your use, it is done so at your own risk.
- A strict no smoking policy is operated throughout the property. If you are smoking outside, please dispose of cigarettes safely and considerately.
- The Internet connection is available (at no cost) subject to technical availability.
Vehicles & Parking.
- All vehicles are the responsilbility of the guests and are left at their own risk.
- Please park so as not to obstruct the area directly, in front of the properties.
- Access will be needed daily to the boiler, please dont obstruct this area.
- You must respect and look after the property during your stay and notify the owner of any damage or breakages as soon as possible, so they can be repaired or replaced ready for the next guests.
- We reserve the right to charge for any damage or breakages. The accommodation will be inspected at the end of the holiday and you maybe charged for any loss or damage found.
- Please leave the property clean and tidy after your stay. The owner reserves the right to make a charge to cover additional cleaning costs if the client leaves the property in an unacceptable condition.
- On check in, you will be issued with a set of keys.
- It is your responsibility to ensure safety of your keys at all times. Please also make sure the property is accordingly secured during your stay, this includes shutting all windows and locking all doors when you are not in residence.
- On check out, please return the set of keys.
- Loss of keys will be subject to a minimum lost key charge of £25
Check In / Out Times.
- Guest arrival time is from 3pm onwards. Please notify the owner if your arrival is expected to be later than 8pm.
- Guests are asked to vacate the property by 10am on the day of departure, to allow sufficient time to prepare the property for the next guests.
Septic Tanks & Drains
- The property is served by a septic tank, you should not flush down the toilet any sanitary products, flushable wipes, nappies etc, that could block the sewage system, please use the bins provided in the property
Please don't put any fat down the drains in the property, including the kitchen sink, as this will block the drains to the septic tank. Leave fat to cool and set then scrape into the bin.
If a guest gets Covid-19 symptoms during their stay they will have to get tested for Covid-19, if the test is positive they should return home immediately. If the guest is not able to travel home after testing positive, they will have to pay the owner the full holiday letting price for the accommodation which is occupied during the extended stay.
- We reserve the right to make reasonable amendments or additions to these terms and conditions without notice.